East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Social Worker Pool
We are recruiting!
Our children and families social work practice in East Riding is ambitious and we are committed to and enthusiastic about how we deliver services to children, young people and their families. We have been working hard to make improvements to our social work system and we are excited about the changes we have already achieved to ensure that children and young people are safe, supported at the centre of our practice.
Our Social Work Teams are busy and the role of social worker is a vital one when it comes to offering help and support to those families that need it. The role offers the opportunity for both personal and professional development and you will have the opportunity to set the standard in a developing and growing practice system to ensure that we achieve the best outcomes for children, young people and their families in the locality. East Riding have excellent training and development opportunities and provide a high quality induction for new staff.
Key benefits working for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council:
* Strong management support at all levels
* Regular reflective supervision
* Use of evidence based practice models including Signs of Safety
* Excellent training opportunities within an organisation that embraces a learning culture
* Flexible working
* A licence for Community Care Inform to assist with evidence based practice and training and development
* Reimbursement of Social Work England registration fee
* Access to employer pension scheme
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* And most importantly have the opportunity to make a real difference to children and families in the community.
We currently have vacancies for enthusiastic and motivated Social Workers to join our pool. If successful you will be based in one of the social work positions across a range of teams including, safeguarding, children’s looked after and SEND teams.
For an informal discussion please contact Natalie Jackson (Team Manager) on 01482 565560 or Nicola Lynn 01482 880066
To be considered for a social worker position you must hold a relevant Social Work qualification and be SWE registered. Please note you will also be considered if you are on your final placement, due to complete your studies and become registered with SWE as a Social Worker within the next 6 months.
To undertake the post you must:
* Be a registered social worker who has knowledge of working in a children's social care setting with experience of case work and assessments
* Have experience of completing assessments and writing and reviewing children’s plans to a high standard that evidences the voice of children and young people and demonstrates collaboration with families throughout the process
* Be able to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development.
* Have access to your own vehicle, hold a current full driving license and have business insurance for your vehicle.
* Be passionate about making a difference and putting children and families at the heart of what they do.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.
These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
If you are a social worker who:
-Can engage families and support them to identify the strengths and dangers of their situation
-Can support families to create and maintain change
Then we want to hear from you!
Please find a link below to download the job outline and employee specification:
Job Outline and Employee specification (PDF file, download size 122.87 kb)
Closing Date: 31 December 2020
Interview Date: There are no specific dates for interviews for this pool. Applications will be sent to Team Managers at the end of every month and where there are vacancies available interviews will be arranged at that time.
Information for applicants – External (PDF file, download size 15kb)
If you already work for the council and have an Employee Self Service (ESS) account, please login to apply online using your ESS username and password.