If you have experience in finance and you’re looking to expand your portfolio, whilst working for an organisation with strong values and benefits, we could be the next step in your career.
We have an opportunity for someone to join our finance business partnering team supporting the Communities and Environment and Planning & Economic Regeneration team. The role will be involved in several areas of work across the service including the preparation of closedown, the production of the Statement of Accounts, budget setting and monitoring, providing support to budget holders and submission of grant returns.
The role provides the opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of tasks with duties including:
• Deputising for the Senior Accountant
• Participating in the operation of the financial ledger including the preparation of service budgets
• Developing and maintaining the Council’s financial systems
• Assist with the interpretation of budget monitoring statements to deadlines and undertake necessary investigations into the latest expenditure trends, working with customers and responding to queries
• Assist with the preparation of grant claims and statistical returns in accordance with requirements by due deadlines
• Prepare information for reports on financial matters
If you have the right skills and you’re looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you.
Get in touch for more information.
The Council offers many remote working opportunities as part of our commitment to providing flexibility wherever possible for our employees.
If you already work for the council and have an Employee Self Service (ESS) account, please login to apply online using your ESS username and password.
At East Riding of Yorkshire Council we value everyone, find out what we are doing for equality, diversity and inclusion.