Please see below criteria which is used throughout the assessment process, that has been set out to explain what is measured at each stage of the application process. Applicants who do not clearly demonstrate meeting all of the essential criteria in the application section on their application process cannot be progressed to interview stage.
Application form tip: Always ensure a clear example of how you meet each criteria is included and not assumed as part of your work experience.
|What's assessed from your job application||Criteria|
|Either GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths grades 9 to 4 (A to C) and/or experience working in an office environment||Yes|
|Experience working in a role with supervisory duties.||Yes|
Is confident using basic Microsoft Office Programmes
Experience working with confidential material
Customer service skills
Has ECDL or equivalent IT qualification and experience and/ or NVQ in Business Administration
Has supervisory/ management qualification or experience
|What's assessed at interview/ assessment activity||Criteria|
|Problem solving skills. (eg. Ability to identify and report a problem, use initiative)||Yes|
|Supervisory and management skills – inspiring team members, and maximising potential||Yes|
|Communication skills/negotiation – working collaboratively and networking||Yes|
|Prioritisation and Organisational skills||Yes|
|ICT skills – word, spreadsheet, database, powerpoint, e-forms and able to operate other specific systems.||Yes|
|Analytical skills and decision making||Yes|
|Customer skills (understanding the needs of customers, is non judgemental)||Yes|
Flexible to work weekends as part of rota. Flexible to work bank holidays for which the appropriate enhancement will be paid. There is a requirement to work between Christmas and New Year
To manage and supervise a team or teams of Support Services Officers and Support Services Assistants and be responsible for the provision of high quality support service functions in accordance with agreed protocols and service delivery targets.
- To manage and supervise a team/s of Support Services Officers and Support Services Assistants, and deputise for the Senior Support Services Officer or other Support Services Team Leaders in cases of absence.
- To be involved in service planning and the implementation of other relevant plans and strategies in order to achieve agreed protocols, objectives and service delivery targets/performance indicators.
- To ensure that Support Services are provided in compliance with council policy and statutory requirements.
- Responsibility for managing and coordinating generic and appropriate service specific administrative processes and duties.
Responsible for system administration and maintenance of manual and computer systems and information on websites and intranet systems.
- To undertake and be responsible for managing support staff involved in technical support operations.
- Represent Support Services on various working groups and project teams - assisting senior support services officers with initiatives and projects – investigation and fact- finding, providing reports and statistical information and involved in implementing recommendations/projects.
- Responsible for the compliance of financial regulations in respect of procurement, fees and charges, reconciliation of income, cash, banking and petty cash for the respective Support and/or Service areas.
- Providing support and undertaking tasks in relation to personnel related functions, processes and systems – recruitment and selection procedures, health and safety, training, sickness leave and so forth.
- Act as a coordinating officer for corporate and service related initiatives, for example accommodation moves and service awards such as Charter Mark etc.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate communication channels are established and maintained – providing information, advice and guidance to customers/ stakeholders on Support matters or issues relating to respective Service areas, including compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade of the post and level of responsibility.
- In this role you are required to speak English with sufficient fluency to effectively perform your duties, as required by Section 42 of the Immigration Act 2016.
- The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility.