Application form tip: Always ensure a clear example of how you meet each criteria is included and not assumed as part of your work experience. Desirable criteria will only be used to short-list in the event of a high volume of applications.
|Essential Criteria||Assessment Method|
|Graduate level academic, professional or vocational qualification or extensive specialist knowledge/experience in the relevant field.||Yes|
|Robust Leadership Skills – ability to develop members of the team, deal with changing demands, creates culture of collaboration; ability to influence multi-functional teams in developing and delivering strategies and solutions.||Yes||Yes|
|Project Management Skills – leading and completing complex projects within timescales, providing clear direction; ability to identify opportunities, identify and balance risks and benefits and take appropriate actions to deliver the most beneficial outcomes within projects.||Yes||Yes|
|Effective Communicator – delivery of information, analysis and presentation of complex data, develops relationships; explain complex problems and issues in a concise and understandable way to a wide range of stakeholders.||Yes||Yes|
|Embrace Innovation – solving problems, evaluation and management of risk.||Yes||Yes|
|Knowledge of the Social Care Market – legislation, commissioning experience.||Yes||Yes|
|Enthusiastic Approach to Challenges.||Yes||Yes|
|Customer/Stakeholder/Provider Relationship - ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders within East Riding of Yorkshire Council, and other external customers/stakeholders/providers, including appropriate engagement, supplier development, drivers of costs in the supply chain, and an understanding supply relationship management.||Yes||Yes|
To manage the procurement function of the Health and Care Category, including the development of procurement strategies to support the category services of Adult Social Care, Children’s Services, and Public Health to function Adult Social Care Services, for supporting quality improvement across the care sector, and developing, maintaining and monitoring quality standards, ensuring providers comply with the requirement of contracts, service specification and current good practice guidance.
- To take the lead as team manager, and be accountable for the delivery of an effective procurement function for the Health and Care Procurement Category, to ensure the highest standards of affordable health and care support is available to the residents of East Riding to meet identified needs.
To liaise with directors and senior managers across the category to fully understand their requirements for procurement advice and support. Develop procurement arrangements to satisfy those requirements, and put in place regular feedback and review mechanisms.
- To provide strategic advice and support and to develop, implement and review category procurement strategies, policies and procedures, to meet the Council’s strategic and operational objectives and ensure compliance with legal requirements. Contributing to the identification and delivery of business change projects from a procurement and supplier management perspective.
To take the lead on complex projects and undertake complex procurements for high value contracts and developing appropriate procurement solutions, working collaboratively with partners to implement strategies for the provision of appropriate, quality, cost effective services.
- To help to manage key supplier relationships to deliver performance improvements in cost and/or quality as an integral part of the contract management system, that demonstrate compliance with the Council's Constitution, values and priorities, relevant legislation & regulations and value for money.
- To promote the development of a sufficient health and social care market in accordance with the council's commissioning priorities, including developing and monitoring an annual procurement plan.
- Work within the legal framework following legislative and good practice guidance whilst working within the relevant strategic guidance and work in-line with and influence relevant strategies. Manage risk to ensure compliance and adherence to all policies and procedures in particular Procurement law, local contract procedure rules and standing orders and maintaining knowledge and expertise in procurement legislation and case law.
- Undertake research and horizon scanning in the health and care sectors to identify and to keep up-to-date with changes in statutory and local requirements. Maintaining a detailed awareness of current and emerging procurement best practice, new legislation and Government guidelines and ensure that processes are updated accordingly and in collaboration with other procurement professionals.
- Responsible for undertaking complex analysis and modelling of expenditure to support the Procurement Team sourcing activities.
Respond to urgent procurement issues and market changes to ensure safety of service users, provider sustainability and adequate market supply.
- To lead, manage and support Procurement staff and oversee the allocation of work to the team based on agreed priorities and monitor progress to ensure the delivery of objectives and activities to meet deadlines.
- Write and present reports to Senior Management Team (SMT), Corporate Management Team (CMT) and The Cabinet to respond to key issues as directed.
- Manage projects using agreed Project Management methodology, produce project specific programmes of work; continually monitor and update for reporting purposes ensuring projects are delivered to timescales.
- As a member of the service Management Team contribute to the management of the service, including writing service plans, and contributing to wider policies and strategies as required. Member; Deputise for the Strategic Manager as required.
- In this role you are required to speak English with sufficient fluency to effectively perform your duties, as required by Section 42 of the Immigration Act 2016.